Next year I would like to become focused again. Especially since the holidays make it hard to write.
So, let's see how 2010 went:
My goals for 2010:
- I will write 4 manuscripts in 2010.
I finished 2 manuscripts. Not bad.
- I will sell my first manuscript in 2010. (Optimism = Yay)
Hoarding Your Howls sold to Del Rey!
- I will complete 3 novellas. (I have two unfinished ones. *sigh*)
I finished 1 novella. Not the best, but one is better than none.
- I will harness and understand my process of writing. (Yes, it took me a year to figure out I'm not the write everyday type of gal. I need to live with it.)
I didn't stress too much over the days I didn't write. Quite easy to do.
- I will break my previous record of 8,000 Words in one day and will knock out 10K in a day.
I was pleased as punch when I got this one accomplished!
- Finish 4 manuscripts in 2011.
- Develop a fun promotional tool for my upcoming book.
- I will read 50 books this year...not 25, but 50! (I can do eeet!) And one of those books will be in a genre I don't normally read. Maybe middle-grade or something inspirational.